Physiotherapy is basically a technique that is used to treat those individuals who are suffering from pain caused by some kind of injury, illness, or disability due to wrong movement, fall, or exercise. It promotes fitness and health for a better performance of human body. Physiotherapy works on the knowledge behind the movement. Additionally, this practice helps individuals to overcome any type of dysfunction triggered by the pain and expand their physical strength. This practice is appropriate for all ages, as the exercises involved in this process encourages patients to recover and manage to remain fit and help to protect from illness after the suited treatment.
Physiotherapy is a profession having a degree, that controlledby themanagement of healthcare. The physiotherapists are professional, skilled, and trained in figuring and treating for the injury in a perfect manner. In addition, this treatment is used for various conditions that are elaborated below:
- It can cure orthopedic problems such as amputations and arthritis.
- It can also cure multiple sclerosis, strokes, and Parkinson’s that is controlled by the Neurological disorders. Moreover, it helps the people with damaged brain or spinal cord.
- Cases of cardiovascular such as chronic heart diseases and rehabilitation normally after the heart attack.
- Musculoskeletal problems included neck and back pain that can be easily treated with the help of physiotherapy.
- It helps in any kind of pain, relieving patients suffering from an injury.
- It can cure the health concerns of women’s such as breastfeeding, pregnancy, menopause, bedwetting, prolapsed, bowel control, loss of bladder, etc.
Importance of Physiotherapist
Physiotherapy is a science that is used to ensure the fit lifestyle of the patient. This therapy includes the direct participation of the patient, to ensure that the patients are prepared through empowerment, education, and awareness so they can take good care of themselves. This will help the patients to recover in a faster way, on the contrary, this type of treatment can benefit a person all lifetime. Physiotherapist plays a very important role as theycan treat any kind of sudden body part damage and have the ability to manage long-term therapeutic conditions such as childbirth, asthma, chronic pain, orthopedic, cardiorespiratory, neurological, and many other. Besides, they can also treat sports person suffering from sport’s injury.
Techniques of Physiotherapy
There are various techniques comes under the profession of physiotherapy, some of them are:
- Electrical nerve stimulation:This is a technique in which a very low or small electrical current is applied to the areas that are affected by pain. This practice block all the signals of pain that are transmitted to the brain.
- Manual manipulation: The movement of soft tissues and joints helps to improve the circulation of blood, and drained body fluid through this technique. It also helps in relaxing the muscles with spasms, or tight muscles.
- Functional Testing: This is the technique which helps in determining the physical abilities and endurance of the patient.
- Demonstration: Physiotherapist train or educate people in learning numerous movement patterns of the body so they can recover themselves in a better manner.